Photobucket

For Grandmothers & Grandmothers Yet-to-Be

Thursday, March 24, 2011

For all Grandmothers, whatever your name...
"Grammy, Mimi, Gramma, Gran, Nana, Grandma, Mamu, Granny, Mimmie, Mawmaw, Grandmother, Big Mama, Nanny, Memama, Gigi, and of course, my sweet friend Bibby!"

I began this blog almost 3 years ago anticipating the JOY of becoming a first-time grandmother; hence, Gran Jan's JOY. My very first post was entitled  "The Waiting Room" as I journaled about this new season in my life. I came across these "grandmother" quotes recently and wanted to share them. (I apologize if perchance you are the author, please reply and I will give due credit.)   

I suspect many of you young women probably never think much about becoming grandmothers. I honestly didn't when I was your age. However, I can surely testify to you first-hand that aside from the precious love of Jesus Christ...it is the most wonderfully sweet and delightful pure love, and I am smitten with these three grandbabies of mine:
JACKSON, ZEKE, MADIE RUTH
Here are the "Grandma Quotes:"
 Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting...
 What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change,
and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure.

JACKSON
Grandmothers are just antique little girls.

 Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.
GRAN JAN HOLDS EZEKIEL "Zeke" FOR THE FIRST TIME
 A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the children instead
of the television...on purpose.


When a baby is born, so is a grandmother...

 Becoming a grandmother is wonderful.
One moment you're just a mother...
the next you are all-wise and prehistoric.


A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance...


 When grandmothers enter the door, discipline flies out the window.


Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done she becomes a grandmother...

 Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting just to see you
 and now her day was complete!
 Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.
  Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.


It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace...

JACKSON
My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world.
And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too!


 If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice,
I should advise every one of you straight away to become one.

MISS MADIE RUTH
Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old.
An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again.
 The best baby-sitters, of course, are the grandparents.

I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have, if just to keep up with them.
Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple:
grandmas are short on criticism and long on love...
nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.

 Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice.
A grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside.


 One of the sweetest handclasps is that of a new
grandbaby around the finger of a grandmother.

It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one.


 If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses,
sleeps on schedule and burps on demand,
an angel all the time, you're the grandma.

 Grandparents are similar to a piece of string - handy to have
around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their grandchildren.

Grandchildren don't make a man feel old;
it's the knowledge that he's married to a grandmother...
I LOVE YOU, "POP!"

8 Responses:

boomama said...

Love this, Jan - you are blessed!

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us! I, too, do love being a "Granma".

Melinda said...

What wonderful thoughts, obviously from those of like minds! :-) You have a beautiful family, Jan...how blessed they are to have you! And thanks for including "Mimmie" in the wonderful list of names!!

Mary R Snyder said...

Precious!! I am slap in love with my new grand babe and he/she is not even here yet. Cannot wait until we meet!!

A Cup Bearer said...

I became a first time grandmother 3 weeks ago tomorrow! Everybody told me there's nothing like it -- and they were right! I'm head over heels in love, undone, smitten by this little fellow -- Jude Robert.

My name? G-Nan.

Leah Adams said...

What a beautiful post!! Made me think of my grandmothers. Thanks for sharing this with us.

BTW, is that your son in the picture on page 3 of this week's Christian Index--Jeremy Morton?

Leah

Yolanda said...

So fun looking at your grandkids. Today our oldest turns 7. Bryan is his name, and seems like yesterday when he blessed us into being grandparents!

Teresa from www.nanahood.com said...

AWESOME! So very nice to meet you. Us nanas need to stick together! Will follow your blog, on facebook and twitter. Hugs to you Gran Jan!

Teresa from NanaHood

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP