I'm worn out tonight, but my heart is wonderfully full. Weary in body, but joyful in spirit. I saw a tweet last week by Dr. Paige Patterson (President of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, TX) that said:
"Be wary when you are weary..."
It really resonated with me because I know how I can "be" when I become weary. The first thing that tells on me is my not-so-good-attitude. I become critical and irritable. The only cure is spiritual rest and physical rest. But tonight my weariness is physical and it is because I have gone wide open this past weekend...and it's all good!
827. A letter from my Compassion child, Iduar. Nothing can bring me a sense of peace or "rightness" like knowing the JOY of sponsoring this young man in Colombia.
828. This is the week we are expecting our 4th grandchild, a girl...the JOY is amazing because there is a knowing in my heart - a knowing of just how incredibly wonderful it is to be Gran Jan.
829. I literally just finished a dress for her earlier this evening. It is a size "1" so she won't be able to wear it until next spring/summer, but I just had to make something. It was the smallest size on the pattern...and yes, there is monogram.
830. I helped my oldest son with his two children this weekend as his wife attended a ladies retreat. I love being available to them. That is one of the reasons Gran Jan is weary this evening, but as I said, it's a "good weary."
831. My Dad wanted little Miss Madie to have an apple from his apple tree, so we complied of course. She loved it and then didn't want to come back to my house.
832. Here she is with my mom, Gigi (for Great-Grandmother). My mom was singing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray..." My grandmother, Gigi's mother, used to sing that song to me too...
833. My baby boy and his baby boy (can you tell???) having a popsicle picnic. It won't be long until he will be daddy to a daughter. We can hardly wait.
834. Homemade poundcake and a happy husband. He said, "you know poundcake is my favorite, don't you?" Yes, we've only been married 35 years and I know these things...I did something different. I used a muffin tin and made "poundcake cupcakes," and each one had it's own little crust (which is the best part).
835. I have no idea if these pumpkins will bear before frost, but I am sure enjoying the vine. It is growing like Jack's beanstalk...right before my eyes. So fun.
836. An incredible day of worship at church yesterday with songs of praise that focused on the Name of Jesus: "Be Unto Your Name," "Something About That Name," "Your Great Name," and "Something Happens." WE HAD CHURCH and I am still processing the JOY.
837. Vance Pitman, a church planter from Las Vegas, NV preached in our services yesterday. I was so encouraged by his message of our purpose as believers, as a church. He was definitely a blessing and I am thankful our Pastor invited him to come be with us.
838. Being reminded that "Ministry is the overflow of intimacy with God." God calls us to Himself, and as we spend time with Him through prayer and His Word, we realize that intimacy proceeds ministry. He calls us to BE and then we can DO. A great message from Rev. Pitman.
839. One of the sweetest things Zeke (four years old) has ever said to me was this past weekend. As we were watching Disney's Cinderella, he told me not to worry about the stepsisters being so mean to her because Cinderella's "favorite grandmother" was coming to help. I know he meant "fairy godmother," but he repeated "favorite grandmother" 3 times...and I will have to admit I liked it, a lot.
840. Sweet time of prayer with a friend who is grieving the death of her mom this past summer and all that ensues - her posssessions, the memories. I love how God graces us to learn from others and share with them at the same time.
841. Tickets already received for the May 31-June 1, 2013 Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore here in the grand state of Georgia! Planning with my Women's Ministry Team is already underway. I love these ladies and I love how we love the ladies we serve. It is a GIFT of His Grace.
842. Being asked to teach Sunday School "at the last minute," yesterday and finding myself with young ladies who are engaged to be married. The Lord prompted me to share Philippians 2:1-4 with them...great advice for us all, and most especially for those getting ready to become wives.
1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ,
if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit,
if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded,
having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.
Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
4 Not looking to your own interests
but each of you to the interests of the others.
843. Welcoming glorious Autumn this past Saturday, my favorite of all the seasons...
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”