Photobucket

1,000 GIFTS, #65 to #79

Monday, March 7, 2011

Multitude Mondays - Marching Toward 1,000 Gifts in March
65.  Snowpeas and red potatoes peaking up through the soil in my garden.  This is a picture of the snowpeas taken with my Blackberry phone...I can't wait until they start climbing the trellis.
66. New life on the farm, two baby calves, a new bull and a new heifer.
67. The Bradford pear trees are shouting the promise of springtime! This tree is in the parking lot at my office...and there are three of them in a row...so beautiful.
68.  Help with watering the Texas sweet onions by a sweet Georgia grandboy.
69. Saturday morning breakfast pancakes shaped like a chicken, a cow, and a pig.  These are from Williams Sonoma and my friend Beth Moore has the "Star Wars" pancake molds for her grandchildren.
70. Answered prayer so gloriously confirmed. There is nothing like it, nothing.
71. An email from a friend of 23 years – we are both coming out of a season of intense spiritual warfare and her wisdom and sweet friendship blessed me.
72. Knowing a scripture passage  by heart just when my husband needed it...
73. A grandboy who asked to be rocked before bedtime, and then wanted to hear "How Great Is Our God" sang by his Gran Jan.
74. Worship in church Sunday as we sang one of my favorite hymns "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and hearing the glorious sound of the penny whistle played by my sweet friend, Joan.
75.  My favorite verse from "Come Thou Fount" is:
O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love;
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above.
76. Listening to my husband read excerpts from Radical by David Platt. So hard yet so good.
77. A tweet this morning from Priscilla Shirer. I LOVE THIS YOUNG WOMAN!
78. My bookplate came in the mail from Ann Voskamp for the very book that has inspired all this counting of GRACE...that in itself is grace.
79. Focusing on the "whatevers" when my mind wants to be anxious...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Philippians 4:8
Oh To Grace How Great a Debtor...
 

4 Responses:

Patty said...

I have been looking forward all day to read your list. Everything made me smile. I love that you and Beth have those pancake molds and I know they make your grandchildren all kinds of happy.

Bradford Pear trees are my favorite.

I saw Priscilla's tweet to you, so sweet

I am so thankful for you!
Love you,
Patty

Leah Adams said...

Oh gosh, I LOVE Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. Love it!! We are still a week or more away from blooming trees up here in the North GA mountains. Cannot wait though.

Have a blessed day, Jan

Terri said...

I loved your list of blessings and pictures. We are still in the midst of snow so that was a blessing to me!

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s – and it’s Thursday – but I love reading the lists and there were over 300 of them. It took me this long to get to yours.

And when I read through the lists I like to think about it a little and pick a favorite – my favorite from yours was 79. Focusing on the "whatevers" when my mind wants to be anxious...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. Philippians 4:8 (funny!!! and true – whatever!! hee – funny I’m going to steal that idea all day today))

I’m really glad I read you today. {smile}

God Bless and keep you and all of yours

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP