EASY HOMEMADE LASAGNA
2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained
1 chopped onion (saute in 1 teaspoon olive oil until done)
1 large jar of your favorite prepared marinara sauce, or 2 small jars (28 ozs. each)
1 16 oz. container of Cottage Cheese
Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 4 cups)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese (about 4 cups)
Shredded Parmesan cheese (about 2 cups)
1. Brown ground beef, add cooked onion and prepared pasta sauce
and simmer for at least 30 minutes - longer if you have the time.
2. Boil lasagna noodles in water, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and about 1 Tablespoon
of oil to the water so the noodles won't be sticky. Do not overcook the pasta,
it should be slightly firm as you will bake the lasagna as well.
3. Ladle a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
4. Next, place a layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce.
5. Now cover the noodles with more meat sauce (be generous) and
then dollop the cottage cheese as shown below:
7. REPEAT THE LAYERS ONE MORE TIME!
Lasagna noodles, more meat sauce, cottage cheese dollops,
and then shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
8. Finish with the Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese melts
and the lasagna is nice and bubbly!
10. Before you slice and serve the lasagna, it is important to let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy and be blessed! Every day you have together with your family...every meal shared around the table...they are gifts from God.