Multitude Monday is proving to be a real blessing and something in my heart feels lighter with joy as I anticipate counting to 1,000...thank you Ann Voskamp. God gave you this plan for His people for this time. Gratitude is healing therapy. This past week...
24. The gift of my husband's life as we celebrated his birthday on Feb 15th. I LOVE THIS MAN!
26. Bible study with my ladies every Wednesday evening...we just finished Loving God With All Your Mind by Elizabeth George on Feb 16th, such a timely study.
27. Two days off from work this past Thursday and Friday, a chance to s-l-o-w down a bit, and b-r-e-a-t-h-e.
28. Time in my garden with red potatoes, Texas sweet onions, English peas, and snow peas all planted.
29. A harvest of the collard greens I planted last fall to make room for the onions, and the greens are now in the freezer...can't wait to cook them, my three men love them!
30. A family lunch on Saturday with the boys and their wives and our 3 grands...simple joys that are priceless.
31. A bottle of bubbles and a 2 1/2 year old grandson to chase them...
32. A new camera...I can't wait to learn how to use it.
33. A missionary from South Africa who preached Sunday at church. Dr. Harold Peasley of Multi Ministries from Johannesburg preached a message from Genesis on the life of Lot. So good.
34. Memories of our trip to South Africa from August 2009 were so real as we reunited with Dr. Peasley and my journal contains everything. I will never forget these children:
35. The joy of singing a solo Sunday about "The Power of the Cross" and the sweetest folks I know singing behind me in the choir...
36. My Sunday afternoon nap...short but oh so sweet.
37. Choir rehearsal on Sunday afternoons and catching my husband's eye as he leads in worship.
38. A trip to Kroger after church and a husband who doesn't rush me...
39. A quiet day at the office today.
40. My sweet boss Mrs. Linda took me to lunch today at "The Oil Lamp," a local restaurant run by the Mennonites, and they sure know how to cook.
41. Blueberry plants growing and warm temperatures today.
42. My husband was off today, and he had grilled steaks ready when I got home from work. Reference Gifts #24, #25, #37, #38.
43. My grandson Zeke just called me on my cell phone, "whatcha doin' Gran Jan?" I'm loving you Zeke.
44. A walk across the farm after supper to visit my parents next door. They're good people and I'm thankful for them too, even when it's inconvenient.
Count your many blessings
Every doubt will fly
And you will be singing
As the days go by!