Photobucket

My First Blogaversary

Friday, July 24, 2009

One year ago TODAY I penned my very first blog entry entitled "The Waiting Room." I was waiting for the birth of my first grandchild. It had been a long wait, and the time was drawing near. To say I was beyond excited is an understatement. People who know me well often say it doesn't take much for me to be excited, but this anticipation was unlike any other! A grandson!!! Little did I know that exactly one year to the day from that first blog post, my little grandboy would be spending the night with us! This time last year he wasn't even here...tonight he is asleep in the same crib his daddy slept in 27 years ago. I am smitten, pure and simple...hence the title of this blog, "Gran Jan's Joy." I hope my boys and their wives will add some more JOY to our lives in the next few years, but until then...here are a few photos from tonight's joy.
Happy First Blogaversary to Me! If I look a little more excited in these pictures than Zeke does, it is because I am. :)
Gran Jan

9 Responses:

Yolanda said...

Nothing sweeter than being a Gran. Happy Anniversary.

Love to you,
Yolanda

Beth Herring said...

Don't you just love being Gran? I am a Nana and it is just the best.

Happy blogaversary!

twinkle said...

He's gorgeous!
Happy bogaversary...

Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary to you, Jan! You are a wonderful grandmother...and a dear friend.

Much Love to you!
Holly

Lora said...

The joyful evidence of your delight at being a *gran* mother is all over your sweet face Jan.

Congratulations on your first blogaversary too. You have been a blessing to me Jan, in so many ways and so many times. I thank our dear Lord for you. You are among my dearest blessings.

And the delicious recipes you request are posted.

Love and hugs to you!
And blessings all around,
May they to you and your family abound!

Grami's girls said...

Grandchildren are just GRAND..that is all there is to it!! I love my boys too but just wait til you get a grandaughter!! It is icing on the cake!

GratefulinGA said...

Congratulations!!! What a doll baby Jan! It's too precious that the little fella is spending your Blogaversary with you. Wishing you a porch swing overflowing with Joy, Joy, Joy!
hugs,
tammy

Mary R Snyder said...

Oh my, he is just adorable. Can I have one? (Calling my daughter....)

My time will come and until then I'll just enjoy watching you and your sweet gran.

Happy blogversary! What a blessed way to spend it!

connorcolesmom said...

So sweet!
Love those pics
Zeke is just adorable!
Happy Blogaversary!
Much love
Kim

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP