Photobucket

Soli Deo Gloria "To God ALONE the Glory"

Saturday, November 15, 2008

This beautiful maple tree is all alone in a pasture of evergreens. The name of this tree is "Glory Maple." This is Mr. Glory Maple's first year at our farm and it is showing off! We planted him back in January.
I am re-naming this tree: Soli Deo Gloria! To God Alone be the Glory! For He is the one Who made this tree and all glory is due Him. I love Him because He first loved me and He "planted me" too...and I want my roots to grow deep in Him so that I can truly say, so that I can TRULY say...To God ALONE be the Glory!
So what is it that truly matters to the Lord? The great composer Johann Sebastian Bach signed each one of his masterpieces soli deo gloria...to God alone the glory.”
I met a wonderful woman named Tammy (a.k.a. "Grateful in Georgia") at the Siesta Fiesta back in August, and with whom I bonded in an instant (over Holly's [a.k.a. Crown Laid Down] wonderful cookbook compilation). Tammy and I are the same age, same birthday (one day apart), same JESUS (THE Reason for the instant bond). She wrote a blog post about her life and grandbaby that blessed me so very much this morning. Go here to read it Breaking Free. She is attending the re-taping of Beth Moore's study by the same name. What a powerful post to ascribe to "Soli Deo Gloria." The people of Micah’s day had much the same problem that we see in our lives as believers today. In Micah 6:6-8, the prophet asks a question and then answers it himself.
“With what shall I come before the Lord and bow myself before the exalted God? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
To Act Justly, To Love Mercy, To Walk Humbly,

Help me Lord,
Soli Deo Gloria, Georgia Jan

12 Responses:

Holly said...

This scripture is my prayer, friend. I have prayed this song over my life, since I sang it in Campus Crusade in college...do you know it?

He has shown thee (echo)
Oh Man (echo)
What is good and what the Lord requires of thee.

Repeat above then sing
But to act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God.

I praise Him for the beauty of your tree, Soli Deo Gloria! It is superbly lovely.

And I praise Him for you, Jan. You are one of those friends that I love so dearly and met in just a short time--it is Christ in you, friend. He makes you a beautiful friend!

Have a blessed Sabbath, Jan--wish I was in your choir..

twinkle said...

So you have a birthday? You don't look a day over 20.
What a surprise it was to read Melissa's post and see you mentioned! That was so neat. Isn't she a living doll! I'll bet you two had a blast.
And I just love the tree. I want a few maples in my yard. There is a tree close to us that has been the most wonderful spectrum of orange and peach. It's hard to describe it's beauty...it gives off a glow. I think it's a maple but it could be an oak. It's about the size of your tree, maybe a year more mature.
Love fall! The rain this week has washed away some of the leaves...so sad. But we did need that rain.
Miss you.
Love you.
Wish you happy happy happy birthday!
deborah

Sista Staci said...

Hey Georgia Jan - From one Ga Peach to another. I live in Northeast Ga Mtns. I love Siestaville. I pray sweet blessings over you!

Love,
Sista Staci Pealock

Jan said...

Your tree is gorgeous. We had the most beautiful autumn this year. Truly spectacular. God showed off in a HUGE WAY here in the Ozarks.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jan (aka Arkansas Jan)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama Moonflower:)
I know I am so distant lately..
a lot going on...have NO time for blogging, other than quick stuff:)
But I love you, and I AM doing fine here:) BUSY BEE I AM!!!!
I just have to survive this semester...a lot of life changes, own decision making...been interesting, but LOVING all the God is doing:) Single girl, in love with her God, and BEING BLESSED:) Love you SOOOOOOOOO much!:)

angie

GratefulinGA said...

Jan, I have been such a blogger slacker, what with a week of Breaker Free. Oh Jan, God was just all over us this week.

I sent you greetings last week and I pray your birthday was as wonderful and joy filled as you.

I shared our birthday sisterhood with many in Nawlins...you're ears shoulda been burning girl!

Looking forward to seeing you in January if not before.
much love and blessings,
tammy

Yolanda said...

Causes me to reflect on a scripture that I memorized here lately:

Hosea 6:6

For I desire mercy not sacrifice, and the acknowledgement of God rather than burnt offerings.

Love to you!

Emmy said...

Hi Jan!

Happy Birthday! My son's birthday is the 16th too! So I will always think of you on your special day! : )

Of course I remember you! You are just precious... I'll never forget the turbulence and you praising God when we landed (so fun- I love it!)

The Siesta Fiesta was awesome! I hope we will have another Siesta Fiesta sometime... maybe we could all meet in Atlanta one day for a "mini one"... I know Wendy would love it!

It was such a happy surprise to see your comment on my blog... I don't blog that often so I am always so shocked when I do if someone comments... you made my day! : )

Your tree is beautiful! Love what you said... am getting ready to go to read the link you put for Tammy...

I hope you have a blessed day! You will never believe this... Romans 15:13 has absolutely become one of my favorite verses... I read it about a month ago and I have it written all over my house (not sure how in the world I have missed it all these years?) but I am absolutely in love with what it says... I about popped when I read it under your name... I love how God does that kind of stuff... Well sorry so long!

Hope you have had a "Blessed Birthday week!" Happy early Thanksgiving... I am thankful God has put you in my path!

God Bless- Emmy : )

Emmy said...

Oh lets work it out that would be awesome! : ) My email is emmyg@comcast.net
Thanks Emmy : )

Jan said...

Jan!
I love your tree ... it's beautiful.

The scripture is a cry of my heart! ...To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” It just puts everything else into perspective. Don'tcha think?

Had a GREAT time at lunch today!!!! as always!

Blessings sistah-girl!
Jan #2

Miranda Riley said...

Thank you so much ma'am!!! I love how you express your passion for God!!!! I love people like that!! Who just praise Him without ceasing! So awesome!!! Thank you for introducing yourself.. I'm 'new' to blogger world, and I really would love to get to know you awesome Women of Faith.

I love the Lord so much, and it's great to be able to be surrounded by a Huge circle of Believers! Amen?!!

I am from Warner Robins! I am at school in Augusta right now, but my family lives in Warner Robins. What church does your hubby pastor at? You never know.. we may have ran into each other before and didn't know it. Blessings!!!

Lora said...

Thank you kindly for your encouraging words in the e-mail you sent Jan. Your kindness really blessed me. Thank you for taking the time to encourage me.

Blessings to you dear one,
Lora

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP