Photobucket

1,000 GIFTS - #844...A New Granddaughter

Monday, October 1, 2012

844. Miss Emery Caroline Morton
This entire post is dedicated to my new granddaughter...
Gran Jan's JOY is over the top tonight with the JOY of a new grandchild, a little girl just four days old. The news began this past winter with a sweet little note from big brother, which is still hanging on my refrigerator...

Big Brother Jackson is such a precious grandson, Emery is going to love him!

We found out that our JOY was going to be PINK when they announced to us with the gift of a little pink onesie and then we visited the "First Glimpse" sonogram
 with the family a couple of months ago to see her sweet face.  What JOY!

I took this "little girl" outfit to the hospital with me back in the day when we didn't know in advance what our baby's gender would be. I brought a precious little boy home from the hospital in the Fall of 1984, so he came home wearing the "little boy" outfit. I kept this little pink rosebud outfit all these years and took it to the hospital with me as I waited for that little boy all grown up as he waited on his little girl's birth...

My daughter-in-law is a champion - was still jogging last week!
She birthed that baby girl and looked beautiful the entire time!

My son has a daughter, how precious to my heart.
He was so very thankful for a safe delivery and healthy baby.

Sweet family time in the hospital. 

Beautiful yard art by Granddaddy Hutto.

Home at last, family of four. 
Jackson was meeting his little sister for the first time.

A little daddy-daughter naptime...

Pop and Gran Jan spent some time with the family too...

Dearest little Emery,
Gran Jan loves you so much. I can't wait to be part of your life - I already love you and have been praying for you...that you would come to faith in Christ at a young age, and that you would love God and His Word, honor your parents, and be strong and healthy. This I know...God has a specific plan for YOUR life and I look foward to watching you grow into a sweet young lady. Your Mommy and Daddy love you so much and you are going to adore your big brother Jackson. He will be a great protector for you too!
I want to teach you so many things and I can't wait for precious family times that we will all share together as God wills and blesses our lives. I love you Emery Caroline.

5 Responses:

jan said...

Congratulations Gran Jan. What a blessing!

Jenilee said...

beautiful baby!!! so precious!

Anonymous said...

I am another Jan. What a great connection. Congratulations on a wonderful gift from God.

LInking from A Holy Experience - counting all those wonderful blessings.

Jan

Leah Adams said...

Congratulations, my friend. Emery has a wonderful legacy from you and Gary. Praying for favor for her as she grows to be a mighty woman of God.

Cindy in PA said...

Congratulations on your newest sweet, pink addition! Love the pictures and such a blessing! Enjoy!

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP