It has been a wonderful long 3-day weekend filled with time at home, time in worship, time with family, and time with friends. Those gifts are all wrapped up in my list this evening...
786. Three-day weekends with Monday's off. Grateful.
787. Celebrating my oldest son's birthday. He's a fun-loving, passionate preacher - but he was sweet enough to wear this "chick-fil-a hat" for his children. My husband and I met Jeremy and his family for lunch on his birthday last Wednesday - August 29th. Fun times.
788. Counting one of my life's greatest JOYS and blessings, being a mom. I've been one for 31 years now...and I'm grateful for my two boys, two daughters-in-law, and precious grandchildren. I love being a mother.
789. And I LOVE being a grandmother too, this is my oldest boy's boy. When he came running to me at Chick-fil-a last week and gave me that big hug I thought my heart would burst open. God's grace.
790. Getting ready for my fall garden planting this morning, and I found this praying mantis on my lemon thyme...he really struck a prayerful pose for me, now didn't he?
791. Homemade tomato pie - my husband loved it and it blesses me to cook for my happy hearty eating family.
792. I've spent a lot of time in my sewing room this weekend and made four "burp cloths" for my little Emery...September is her birth month! Can't wait to meet her. Won't be long now.
793. As my husband, youngest son and youngest grandson were leaving church Sunday, they were playing the "one two three jump" game and I grabbed my iPhone and snapped this picture...THREE GENERATIONS leaving church together. Thank you LORD.
794. Ann Voskamp - who is the inspiration behind 1,000 Gifts, retweeted a tweet of mine last week and it just made my heart happy. She wrote a beautiful post on marriage...you can go read it here.
795. I love fall the best of all and I'm making a cute little fall jumper for Miss Madie Ruth...complete with a fall scarecrow. This applique was 25 steps and I had a lot of fun picking out the colors and fabric scraps to design it.
796. A little hummingbird flew into our garage and I was able to hold her while she caught her breath - then she zoomed away...and I caught my breath. I loved that.
797. Sending a quart jar of pickled okra to my mother-in-law because I know she loves it and making it for her brought me a special joy. She's been such a good role model for me all these 35 years I've been married to her baby boy.
798. Breakfast is my husband's favorite meal of the day. We enjoyed good conversation this morning over delicious jalepeno cheddar sausage made at a local shop called M & T Meats.
799. My daughter-in-law Erin is great with child and we are counting the days to Emery's birth later this month. She and Jonathan have prepared the most beautiful room for this baby girl...I am so thankful for my boys and their wives - they are great parents and it brings me such JOY to know my grandchildren are being raised up in love and being taught the ways of Christ.
My grace gifts lists have a common theme - faith - family - friends. I am thankful for the joys of simple living and counting these gifts makes me realize even more that my JOYS are those simple treasures of daily living. I am very thankful and counting my blessings makes me even more aware of how blessed I am. It's a good discipline and it will keep your mind and heart focused on what really matters...faith - family - friends.
God is Good,