690. Glory glory glory - precious TIME unbound by the clock or a schedule...time to just "be," as I'm off work this week. Lots of projects lined up, but I can't wait to get started on them all...one at a time, just like this counting.
691. I saved zinnia seeds from last summer all winter long and planted them in the Spring - they are bringing much JOY and I've enjoyed sharing them. They have grown exceedingly abundantly more than I could have imagined.
692. Fresh corn from my Dad's garden and his JOY in sharing it with so many folks.
693. I kept my oldest grandboy weekend before last, he even came to church with us on Sunday! I loved every single moment with him. It is very special to have one-on-one time with my grandchildren. I enjoy having them ALL, but the noise level and activity of three 3 and under is wild sometimes. He enjoyed playing on my mom's front porch as we visited with her.
694. He enjoyed helping Pop water the new pecan trees...his little tractor was a birthday gift to him when he was two.
695. Our children's ministry presented the musical, "What's Up Zak?" , the story of Zacchaeus...Jesus Changes Everything... It was tremendous and there were souls saved that morning!!! God is so faithful. I am so thankful for all the workers who gave their time to serve our children and their families. We were blessed to have the author of the musical worshipping with us and she was blessed too - thank you for coming Mrs. Ingram.
696. Zeke loved climbing up in Zacchaeus's Sycamore Tree...
697. A very special surprise visitor to my office last week! My youngest grandson Jackson. Made my day...
698. The sweet voice of my little granddaughter Madie Ruth. She spent the night with us this past Thursday and I loved having her...she said, "I love you Jan-Jan." Made me smile every time.
699. My first garden tomato ripened on the first day of summer...and now they are bountiful. Enjoyed a tomato sandwhich for supper Sunday night, a Southern delicacy.
700. A nest of sparrows in my mother's fern on her front porch. His Eye is on the Sparrow...and is also on you...do you know that truth?
701. Peaceful times at dusk, reflecting Psalm 92:2 - "His faithfulness at night..." These two geese have taken up here at our pond and the female is injured - she doesn't fly. The male stays by her side. They mate for life - isn't that wonderful?
702. Our church's annual "Family Night Spectacular" was just that - spectacular. Sweet sweet sweet fellowship and fireworks! The Family of God. What grace is this?
703. Zeke and Jackson enjoyed the games at the church family fun night...
705. A "twister pinwheel" quilting class day before yesterday and time with my friend Lanie that began with pancakes at IHOP and much fun and laughter around the sewing machines at a new quilt shop in Macon we discovered...Couture Sewing Center that is run by two sweet sisters.
706. The wedding of my sweet young friend, Ashley (see blessing #676)...Jesus was lifted high at this wedding...
707. A beautiful sunset one night last week...
For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
And Your truth unto the clouds.
708. A new bluebird house that my sweet husband put up for me...in my beautiful garden which he built for me too. I love you Gary. We have so many bluebirds here at the farm and I can't wait for the ones who come to this little house...
709. I got outside very early this morning to beat the record heat we've been having the past few days and pruned my hydrangeas. There are many many spiritual applications in the garden, and none stronger to me than pruning...I prayed as I pruned that the Master Gardener would prune my heart too. It's painful but necessary.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes,
that it may bear more fruit.
I hope you will find time this week to capture the moments He sends your way each day as you stop and count the gifts of grace that surround you - hard gifts, sweet gifts, tangible gifts, gifts unseen...all from His Hand.