Jumping right in this week, with a heart at peace and a mind that is FULL...of His grace gifts.
639. Sweet time with some sweet ladies Thursday evening - sharing, walking, and picking fresh blueberries right here at the Farm. Kindred spirits, His gifts of friendship.
640. My sweet husband and I made some hospital visits on Saturday. I love going with him and hearing his strong voice pray for the folks we visited. I love that I have a praying husband, I'm thankful for his prayers. Grace.
641. We visited this sweet baby girl, less than 24 hours old...her name means "My God Has Answered" in Hebrew. Many folks prayed for this baby for years and He indeed answered in a wonderful way.
642. My quilting brings me JOY...and the JOY multiplies when I finally get to give the quilts to the ones for which I make them. Below is Eliana's quilt from the front...she's all wrapped up in it above.
643. Talking with the man who is helping paint our farm fence, and hearing Hector's story, how he came to America and knowing once again how God's Grace is sufficient.
644. Compassion Sunday at my church yesterday. A young high school girl and I planned the event together. Her name is Mary C. and God melded our hearts together beginning when I use to pick her and and take her to Awana at church on Wednesday nights, when she was still in elementary school...
645. Mary C and I shared our JOY in sponsoring children through Compassion on Sunday morning and as of last night, 49 CHILDREN HAVE BEEN SPONSORED!!!
646. Memories of first hearing about Compassion at a Live Concert when Travis Cottrell was recording his "JESUS SAVES" project. Shaun Groves told his story that night and I just came away being mesmerized by him and his love for this organization.
647. Picking up a packet after hearing Shaun speak and becoming the "sponsor" of a little boy who lives in Colombia, South America - and now feeling like Iduar is a part of my life...because he is.
648. Following the prompting of my husband a year later to "sponsor" another child through Compassion, a little girl named Gloria who lives in Uganda, who is also a part of our lives.
649. Sharing the good news with Shaun by way of Twitter yesterday and having him respond blessed me. I'm thankful for his ministry and it has been multiplied now at my church with 49 more children released from poverty in Jesus' Name...
650. Praying that God will make a way for me to one day go on a Compassion bloggers trip. That is a dream of mine.
651. The grace of long-time friends. Sharing a meal with Jack and Lanie after church on Sunday. Easy laughter that comes from spending a lot of time together.
652. Praying for my boys and their families. Seeing them be good husbands and daddies. Not a day passes that my husband and I don't thank the Good Lord above for His grace in blessing us with these sons.
653. Planning two bridal showers for later on this month. Both couples love Jesus and are serving Him, one couple will be in full-time ministry. Thankful for these young people and the joy of blessing them blesses me.
654. Little grandboys with sunglasses on...
655. Cool weather to sit on the front porch and have coffee and conversation. One of our favorite things to do. Reconnecting after a busy day.
656. Ministering to long-time friends of 23 years who have had a death in their family. We do not grieve as those who have no hope. Thankful for the ministry of the Word.
657. Thankful for a pastor who says "The Power Is In the Word," and then he preaches like he believes that.
658. Thankful for a youth pastor and his wife who are at the beach this week with hundreds of young people...pouring into them...making a difference.
659. Thankful for you who take the time to read this blog. Would you consider leaving a comment? Thank you if you do.
God bless you ALL,