Photobucket

1,000 GIFTS, #639 to #659

Monday, June 4, 2012


Jumping right in this week, with a heart at peace and a mind that is FULL...of His grace gifts.

639. Sweet time with some sweet ladies Thursday evening - sharing, walking, and picking fresh blueberries right here at the Farm.  Kindred spirits, His gifts of friendship.

640. My sweet husband and I made some hospital visits on Saturday. I love going with him and hearing his strong voice pray for the folks we visited. I love that I have a praying husband, I'm thankful for his prayers. Grace.

641. We visited this sweet baby girl, less than 24 hours old...her name means "My God Has Answered" in Hebrew.  Many folks prayed for this baby for years and He indeed answered in a wonderful way. 

642. My quilting brings me JOY...and the JOY multiplies when I finally get to give the quilts to the ones for which I make them. Below is Eliana's quilt from the front...she's all wrapped up in it above.

643. Talking with the man who is helping paint our farm fence, and hearing Hector's story, how he came to America and knowing once again how God's Grace is sufficient.

644. Compassion Sunday at my church yesterday. A young high school girl and I planned the event together.  Her name is Mary C. and God melded our hearts together beginning when I use to pick her and and take her to Awana at church on Wednesday nights, when she was still in elementary school...

645. Mary C and I shared our JOY in sponsoring children through Compassion on Sunday morning and as of last night, 49 CHILDREN HAVE BEEN SPONSORED!!!

646. Memories of first hearing about Compassion at a Live Concert when Travis Cottrell was recording his "JESUS SAVES" project. Shaun Groves told his story that night and I just came away being mesmerized by him and his love for this organization.

647. Picking up a packet after hearing Shaun speak and becoming the "sponsor" of a little boy who lives in Colombia, South America - and now feeling like Iduar is a part of my life...because he is.

648. Following the prompting of my husband a year later to "sponsor" another child through Compassion, a little girl named Gloria who lives in Uganda, who is also a part of our lives. 

649. Sharing the good news with Shaun by way of Twitter yesterday and having him respond blessed me. I'm thankful for his ministry and it has been multiplied now at my church with 49 more children released from poverty in Jesus' Name...

650. Praying that God will make a way for me to one day go on a Compassion bloggers trip. That is a dream of mine.

651. The grace of long-time friends. Sharing a meal with Jack and Lanie after church on Sunday. Easy laughter that comes from spending a lot of time together.  

652. Praying for my boys and their families. Seeing them be good husbands and daddies. Not a day passes that my husband and I don't thank the Good Lord above for His grace in blessing us with these sons.

653. Planning two bridal showers for later on this month.  Both couples love Jesus and are serving Him, one couple will be in full-time ministry. Thankful for these young people and the joy of blessing them blesses me.

654. Little grandboys with sunglasses on...

655.  Cool weather to sit on the front porch and have coffee and conversation.  One of our favorite things to do. Reconnecting after a busy day.

656. Ministering to long-time friends of 23 years who have had a death in their family. We do not grieve as those who have no hope. Thankful for the ministry of the Word.

657. Thankful for a pastor who says "The Power Is In the Word," and then he preaches like he believes that.

658. Thankful for a youth pastor and his wife who are at the beach this week with hundreds of young people...pouring into them...making a difference.

659. Thankful for you who take the time to read this blog.  Would you consider leaving a comment? Thank you if you do.

God bless you ALL,
Jan

14 Responses:

Judith C Evans said...

How wonderful that you are involved with Compassion International! I enjoyed reading your list. Have a wonderful week!

Amy said...

I would love to be a compassion blogger on one of their trips also. So neat to read all that they see and the lives that they touch. Thanks for sharing!

We would love for you and your family/friends to join us in 30 Days of Prayer for our Nation. Hop over to http://prayingforournation2012.blogspot.com/

Leah Adams said...

I love Compassion too. I have two 'daughters' through Compassion. what a beautiful quilt!!!!

fuzzytop said...

Eliana's quilt is gorgeous!

Love Compassion!!!! We have 2 Compassion children - Wilmer in Ecuador, and Madhavi in India.

Love you!

Adrienne

P.S. The hydrangea I planted 3 years ago is blloming this year for the first time ever! Yay!!! It reminds me of you because you have gorgeous photos of your hydrangeas!

jan said...

Your blog blesses me and encourages me. Thanks for sharing.

jan said...

Your blog blesses me and inspires me. Thanks for sharing.

Yolanda said...

Just had a precious letter from my Compassion girl yesterday. I was blessed with her back when Melissa went to minister with Compassion.

Hugs

Diane said...

I am a fellow Siesta and a fellow Georgian who loves to read your blog! Your love for the Lord, your family, your church, your friends and even your garden and flowers are an inspiration to me! I have recently begun counting 1,000 gifts - there is so much for which to be thankful! Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you!
Diane

His Jules said...

I always love reading your blog and especially that we are counting gifts together! Your quilts are so lovely. That is a talent that I never learned but it looks like such fun.

I love Compassion,we have a little boy from Ecuador named Eli. He is a cute little lamb, I hope to be able to hug on him one day!

We planted a twist and shout hydrangea this year - it has the most beautiful blue/purple blooms. Whenever I come to your blog I always admire your beautiful garden, my thumbs I fear are brown! :-)

You are such a blessing!

His Jules said...

I always love reading your blog and especially that we are counting gifts together! Your quilts are so lovely. That is a talent that I never learned but it looks like such fun.

I love Compassion,we have a little boy from Ecuador named Eli. He is a cute little lamb, I hope to be able to hug on him one day!

We planted a twist and shout hydrangea this year - it has the most beautiful blue/purple blooms. Whenever I come to your blog I always admire your beautiful garden, my thumbs I fear are brown! :-)

You are such a blessing!

Megan said...

Love you, Mrs. Jan! You bless me so very much.

Carol said...

I love your blog and your lists are always simply wonderful. Would love to sit on your porch and share a cup of coffee with you and share being "grans."

You ans your words are such a blessing.

Mom of two boys said...

Mrs. Jan--

I enjoy reading your blog :) The picture of Eliana wrapped in her quilt is just too precious! The quilt was beautiful!

~Wendi

Anonymous said...

Love you & your blog -thank you for sharing your life testimony.
I have a Compassion child too! She is in India. The Lord led me to her during Melissa Moore Fitzpatrick's Compassion trip a
few years ago.
Thank you again, Jan, for blogging...you bless & encourage me more than you know. :)
Love, Pam

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP