Photobucket

Consider the Lilies

Saturday, May 12, 2012


I love gardening very much, I always have. Although it can be hard work, it is very relaxing to me. My earliest garden memory is planting some corn when I was a very little girl, about 4 years old. I remember how proud I was and how I tended it and how it grew tall over my head. I've always found solace and peace in the garden. There are many garden themes all throughout the Bible - and of course we know that God is the Master Gardener.   
Genesis 2:8
And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east...
Can you just imagine God planting a garden? I absolutely love to think about that. May and June are my favorite months in my flower garden because of the daylilies. This song has been running through my mind the past few days...
  Consider The Lilies
(Joel Hemphill)

Consider the lilies, they don’t toil nor spin
And there’s not a king with more splendor than them.
Consider the sparrows, they don’t plant nor sow,
But they’re fed by the Master who watches them grow.

We have a Heavenly Father above
With eyes full of mercy
And a heart full of love.
He really cares when
Your head is bowed low.
Consider the lilies and then you will know.

May I introduce you to this friend of mine,
Who hangs out the stars and tells the sun when to shine.
He kisses the flowers each morning with dew,
But He’s not too busy to care about you.
No matter what you are going through or dealing with - Our Father is not too busy to care about you. The Master Gardener who creates such beauty knows every detail of your life and every desire of your heart. Just talk to Him - He knows and He cares.
 

Consider the Lilies...
Jan

2 Responses:

Leah Adams said...

Oh my, what beautiful lillies. I know your house must look so amazing all dressed up with those lillies as bling!! Thanks for sharing!!

Shelli Littleton said...

Beautiful! Jan, I'm so excited ... sold our home and moving out to country ... 5 treed acres. I'm going to do some gardening!! When we get settled in June, I'll post some pictures of the house and property ... it's so sweet.

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP