It is with great JOY I begin this Monday journey of counting to 1,000 as it is Spring Break here and I'm off work this week. Holy Week and time at home, His grace multiplied.
562. This beautiful pecan grove is part of an old home place. I love the way the trees arch toward each other across the road. Around these parts we always say that spring has officially arrived when the pecan trees leaf out...a bit early this year.
563. I love time in the garden and I was there most of the day today getting ready to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, and squash later this week. I pulled up the remains of my winter garden and got one last batch of collard greens. There's something about the hard work and solitude there that brings me peace of heart.
564. My sweet North Georgia friend, Leah of The Point Ministries shared some of her beautiful miniature hosta plants and mailed them to me. I love that girl, she is a gift of grace to my life. She has a heart for God and she loves and teaches His Word.
565. I received my love for gardening from my maternal grandmother. She loved to share cuttings from her garden. Not only did I receive some plants this week, I mailed a dozen daylilies from my garden to my friend Beth Moore in TX. She got them planted on Saturday - I know she will enjoy them. Made my heart happy to share them with her.
566. I love the night sky and especially loved this showing of the moon, Venus, and Jupiter last week. (The moon is in the center, Venus is in the middle and if you look really hard you can see Jupiter at the bottom of the picture, just above the tree line.) What a wonderful Creator God.
567. I had the wonderful honor to sing our country's "National Anthem" at the retirement ceremony of an Air Force Lt. Colonel last week. I had a blast - the McElwain family is precious and they honored Christ in every way. What a delight that was - I love living in a military town - as the daughter of a Career Marine I feel right at home.
568. Two Saturdays ago, me, my mom and my dear friend Lanie spent the entire day participating in a "quilt shop hop" across Georgia. (We were celebrating my mom's birthday too.) We made it to six of the 10 shops and had an absolutely delightful day together. I bought a pattern for this Twister Quilt:
569. Friday night pizza at our favorite family pizza place. Fun times when we can all be together.
570. Gran Jan has a new car tag...I love it. Being a grandmother has blessed me in so many ways. I'm advertising the JOY.
571. Look at this little sweetie helping his daddy wash his truck. Grandchildren are God's grace for raising your own children. Grandparenting is absolutely wonderful and I'm getting so excited about #4 on the way this fall.
572. A rainy Saturday at home and candelight - two of my favorite things.
573. I potted new ferns on my front porch during that cool morning rain this past Saturday. These are the Kimberly Queen variety - very hearty and heat tolerant.
574. Fresh green beans smell so good when they are cooking. And here in the South we cook them a long time and then a little longer.
575. I sat outside with my James Bible study homework one evening last week and enjoyed a nice fire in the fire pit. It was so peaceful. This study has really touched my heart and stirred me up. That's a good thing.
576. This past Sunday evening our pastor served the first Lord's Supper since he became our pastor on January 1. He brought a great message - he is a great Bible expositor and has the heart of a pastor too. We are so thankful for his ministry - God has brought such love and peace to our midst. He is doing a work as we are growing and new families are joining each week.
577. Ladies Night Out last Thursday with some special friends as we attended an event sponsored by Covenant Care Ministries, a Christian adoption agency. I have several friends who have adopted children through their ministry. God is so good.
As Easter approaches this weekend I am ever mindful that without Christ's death on the cross there would be no hope of Heaven. He paid my sin debt with the shedding of His blood. I received His gift of grace almost 27 years ago and I have never been the same.
SO thankful that...
HALLELUJAH WHAT A SAVIOR!