500. Home. A wonderful place to be on this cold wintry night. I love that this 500th gift - a tribute to my home - is right in the middle of my counting to 1,000. Our home is also a centerpiece of grace for our family, our ministry, HOME. A place to just be - a respite from busy lives. So very thankful for HOME. A gift of His grace, it belongs to Him.
501. A time of sweet fellowship in our HOME for the pastors and their wives from our church. We enjoyed time around the table for a meal, and then time just sitting together, laughing and sharing stories. A gift to be together - to serve together.
502. The Jesus Storybook Bible where "every story wispers His Name." We love this Bible for children and enjoy reading it to our grandchildren. I LOVE reading it for me!
503. This book, "The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes" was a favorite book to read at bedtime with our boys when they were small. My grandchildren have it and I gave a copy to our pastor's wife and student ministry associate's wife too.
504. An awesome time of prayer and planning with Cindy, Teresa, and Jennifer last week. I am so blessed to serve with these precious ladies in women's ministry. Our hearts are knit together in His love and we had one of the best meetings in years. We are planning some missions projects and also some special events for the women in our church.
505. Wednesday night Bible study is so special. I look forward to spending time with some very special ladies each week. We are almost through with Duty or Delight by Tammie Head. I would have loved to have had this material 30 years ago when I was a young pastor's wife caught up in "spiritual performance." Thankful to say today that my delight is in Him and serving Him is not a duty.
506. A very special time Saturday morning with my whole family here for breakfast. I really enjoy simple times the best and we surely enjoy each other's company. My three grandchildren are beginning to play together and it is delightful.
507. It was a joy to attend my church's "Anna's Banquet," this past Saturday. The banquet is for widows. Our pastors and deacons serve the widows a meal and then we just enjoyed each other's company. I loved sitting with Sarah, Sara, Aileen and Frances. PRECIOUS!
508. I began my list with thankfulness for my earthly HOME, but I am very aware (and very sure) that my real HOME is Heaven. But until I take up residence there, I want to treat every day as special - precious - gifts of His grace, because as James 4:14 says...
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time,
and then vanisheth away.