Photobucket

Chocolate Cobbler Recipe

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Spring, sweet friends!  We had a family picnic Easter Sunday afternoon and I made "Chocolate Cobbler" at my husband's request.  This dessert is pure old-fashioned chocolatey gooey goodness with a delicious cobbler crust!  It is made with simple ingredients that I invariably have on hand.

Now you know that this PW (pastor's wife, not pioneer woman) would never lead you astray due to my Southern roots and hospitality and manners and all...  You must trust me when I tell you that this recipe will DELIGHT your soul and impress your guests, truly it will.  When you make it, I want to hear back from you!  (The recipe is for an 8x8 casserole, but I "doubled" it in the pictures below...double the goodness.)
 
INGREDIENTS (in order of use):

6 tablespoons butter
1 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups boiling water

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in an 8x8 inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa.
4. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
5. Spoon this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
6. Stir together the remaining 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
7. Sprinkle over the batter.
8. Slowly pour the boiling water over the top of the mixture.
9. Bake until "set" for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven. The crust will rise to the top.
It is wonderful just as it is, and also good served while still warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, or on the top...

Go ahead and just do the math and DOUBLE it!
Use a 9x13 pan...you'll be glad you did!

12 Responses:

A Cup Bearer said...

There's a word for this, you know. SINFUL!!!! Thanks for sharing. I'll confess later.

Grami's girls said...

I've never had chocolate cobbler, but I will certainly try this..thanks for sharing!

Three Fold Cord said...

oh My!!!!!!
Ms. Jan don't you know we are trying to fit into our bathing suits and get ready for vacay?
This recipe is sure to make it into my luggage though because I am going to need a treat for all my hard work ;)
Happy Spring!
Charlotte
Atl

Patty said...

Oh Jan,
This looks so yummy. I think I will make it this Sunday.

We had a family cookout on Easter. I made banana pudding and strawberry shortcake. It was so nice and hot here that I decided to grill out hamburgers and hot dogs instead of the traditional ham. :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Love you,
Patty

beckyjomama said...

That could knock a girl right off of her I just lost 24 pounds high ... I want some of that!!!!!!!!

Holly said...

I picked a bad week to give up sugar.... LOOKS MARVELOUS!!!

Deirdre said...

oh my! I'm swooning just reading the instructions.

Leah Adams said...

Mmmmm, so glad my fast from sugar is over. May have to try this one!! Thanks for the pictures. What an added benefit.

Leah

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I just love your cookin', gardenin'self:)
See you SOOOOON!

xoxo
ang

Kelly S. said...

My husband's birthday is next week. I think I'll sweetin' him up with this LOL. LOOKS DELICIOUS!! Thanks for the pictures! Can't wait to try it :)

Lora said...

Happy Spring to you Jan!

This looks scrumptious! We just had this Wednesday evening at our church dinner.

I am so looking forward to spending some time with you this weekend. I have missed you and am so thankful to the LORD for you!

With love and hugs,
Lora

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I so wished I could have been in Atlanta this weekend....Happy Sunday. I have a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP