Photobucket

Recipe - Buffalo Chicken Dip

Monday, December 28, 2009

If you need a good recipe for a New Year's Eve party (or any celebrating purposes) please consider making this Buffalo Chicken Dip. My whole family LOVES this dip!  My sister Joan gave me the recipe. I made it for a Christmas party a week ago and it was a hit. (Be sure to make it in a pretty deep dish pie plate.  I've got several that I love. I saw a cute red one at Kohl's the other night that had a scalloped edge, but I resisted the urge to add anything else to my kitchen.)

This dip is just the right amount of "heat" and oh so good!  If you want to see a video clip of the recipe being made, go here!


Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing (or Ranch if you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese (or shredded cheddar if you use Ranch)
  • 2 cans (9.75 ounces each) Swanson® Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in water (drained)
  • 1/2 cup any flavor FRANK'S® RedHot® sauce
  • Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
Directions:

1.  Heat the oven to 350° F.
2.  Whisk the softened cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate until smooth.
3.  Stir in the Bleu Cheese dressing, Hot sauce, and crumbled blue cheese.
4.  Mix well.
5.  Stir in the drained chicken and mix well again.
6.  Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling.
7.  Remove from oven and stir before serving.

Serve with vegetables and crackers for dipping.  It won't last long!

Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Makes: About 4 cups

7 Responses:

Rhonda said...

Sounds delicious:) Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Rachel said...

Jan, could this be made with Gorgonzola? Sounds FABULOUS!!

Happy New year!

Gran Jan said...

Rachel - I think Gorgonzola would be just fine. I love ALL cheeses. I have actually used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the canned chicken, but honestly - the convenience of the canned chicken is wonderful and you really cannot tell the difference. The Franks Hot Sauce and the cream cheese and bleu cheese combination with the chicken is wonderful.

Happy New Year - Happy BABY!
Jan

Rhonda said...

Please girl, if I quit being friends with everyone who beat the Ags, I would not have many friends left;) That's why I prayed for a good showing, not a win. Sadly we got neither. Boys are a mess aren't they. Apparently I will be checking for underwear before we leave the house for both of them. Youngest pulled the same stunt yesterday.

Cheryl said...

I've made this before and it is delish!!!!
I usually cut the hot sauce with some melted butter, that way it's not so hot!

Congrats on the grandbaby news. How exciting!

Happy New Year!

Patty said...

My youngest son thanks you! :)

Happy New Year!!

Love,
Patty

Leah Adams said...

Definitely that is one to try. Thanks for sharing it. Sounds like my hubby would love it.

Leah

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP