Photobucket

UPDATE: PW from the PW! I won the Scavenger Hunt!

Friday, November 6, 2009

UPDATE...NEWS FLASH...HALLELUJAH AND AMEN! 
I WON! ME! I AM SO EXCITED.
I never win anything...
I am now going to be the proud owner of
PW from the PW
Pioneer Woman Cookbook from the Preacher's Wife!



Welcome Visiting Minister's Wives! 
Isn't Lisa (The Preacher's Wife) so clever
and witty, and beautiful?
What fun! Love to you all!

And to everyone else visiting...this post is me participating in a virtual "scavenger hunt" for Minister's Wives that my sweet friend Lisa is coordinating.  She's very creative that way...

The Treasures

1. First Name.  Jan

2. State and Country of Residence.  Georgia/United States of America

3. Husband’s Ministry Title.  Executive Pastor/Minister of Music

4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location. {IMPORTANT: There are several of you who may not be in a current ‘official’ pastorate/ministry, etc. That makes you no less a minister’s wife! You play along, girlfriends, and let us pray for you!}    21 and 1/2 years - GLORY TO HIS NAME!

5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages.  Two sons: 28, 25 years old

6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage.
Only one was VERY unique - it was literally almost on the train tracks and when the train would come through, the pictures on the wall would rattle and shift...the house was over 100 years old - delightful, but very unique...


7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out?  50/50  I LOVE TO COOK!  I have both my sons and my sweet daughters-in-law over on the "Second Sunday" of each month and it is so good. My oldest son is also a Pastor and they live in the next town over.  My youngest son and his wife are members of our church, in fact, he married a "home girl."  God is good.  And then we NAP!

8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not?   Actually EARLY, but that was not always the case. Now I ride with the Reverend!  Since we are "empty nesters" we ride together...but I still put my mascara on in the car...

9. Favorite TV Show.  I hardly ever watch TV - truly. I'd much rather read or be outside. I love to garden. But last season I watched 24 and LOVED it. 

10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. (Except now you just did…lol)  Very few of them know about my blog...

11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve.  Someone talking about my man or being critical.  Hurts.my.heart.

12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it.
A skirt that is so old even if I could get back into it I doubt it could hold up in the washing machine, it is very old, but back in the day, it was mighty fine...

13. The one food you can not live without.  Chips/Salsa - I love salty snacks. I am not a sweets eater.
Addendum: I do not dis-like sweets - they just don't appeal to me.  I don't crave chocolate like some of my friends.  But I love vinegar/salt potato chips, chili cheese fritos, cool ranch doritos, all nuts, peanut butter, and I love french fries! I like SALT - hey - what can I say, my last name is "Morton!"  :)  However, I do LOVE ice cream, especially strawberry!

14. Parsonage or have your own home? Own home. Very thankful.

15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? I don't freak, but in my early days I did.  I've learned that if they are coming to see ME and not my house, they are a true friend. I actually enjoy having people over.

15 Responses:

jennyhope said...

I just love you!
I can't believe you don't like sweets!! WHAT?

Yolanda said...

I just love YOU as well!!!

You are so real and so sweet and very precious to my heart!!!!

I loved learning about you.

Yolanda

Cheryl said...

loved learning more about you!

I love chips and salsa too but I DO love sweets.

Patty said...

I know I am not a pastor's wife but I had to come and read. lol

You are so sweet and I agree with Jenny, No sweets? lol

Love you!

p.s. to any pastor's wives reading this, I truly admire your ministry/position of being the pastor's wife and you have a special place in my heart. My best friend is a pastor's wife and I Know it's hard! Hugs!!

rachel said...

Hi Georgia Jan! I can tell by your answers that your daughter-in-laws are blessed to have a mother-in-law with a heart like yours!!

Lora said...

I loved reading more about you and the ministry Jan. Your "Second Sunday" tradition sounds like one I'd like to do when our teens are married and have families of their own.
And mascara in the car - you make me laugh!
Love and hugs to you!

Cathy said...

I love everyone's answers to #15. I wish I could adopt the attitude you have. Some day!

Sisters said...

My kids are little, but I can't wait until they get older and can bring their spouses to my house for Sunday lunch. What a fun thing to do!

Mary Beth said...

You are adorable! I am so glad I popped over.

AND I'm with you on someone saying something about my man. It hurts my heart too... but makes me wanna take 'em out!

So great to meet you.

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I love you Georgia Jan Morton who loves her salt!! :)) If that's the case, I need to change my last name. Or McDonalds instead of McKay..

Love you my friend!! I want to be you when I grow up..

Mrs. H said...

Chuckling at your mascara in the car :) Thanks for sharing your answers.

Anonymous said...

So good to meet another Georgia pastor's wife especially one who loves 24. :)
Blessings

Cindi Dailey said...

I love salt & vinegar chips, too..sometimes i buy them at home so no one else will eat "my" chips...is that bad??? :)

ohhollyf said...

Now, following Lifeway was fun !ohhollyf

Rhonda said...

Yeah for you! PW from PW is a double blessing! So fun chatting with you last night on LifeWay's site. Hope you have an awesome weekend. And don't think I won't be asking for "men child" rearing advice. I will!

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP