This cake is down to the last 2 or 3 pieces! My boys love to warm this up for about 10 seconds in the microwave! It is so good and I especially like the icing. Hope you try it for your family!
· 2 sticks of butter
· 3 cups of sugar
· 6 eggs
· 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
· 1 tsp salt
· ¼ tsp baking soda
· 1 cup sour cream
· 1 T. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 3 nine-inch round cake pans or one 9x13 pan
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
5. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together
6. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to batter, stirring well
7. Stir in the vanilla
8. Pour the batter into prepared pans and bake 25 to 35 minutes (round), 45 minutes for 9x13
9. Let cakes cool in pan for a few minutes; then turn out onto cake racks to cool completely.
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
2 sticks of butter
½ cup evaporated milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
1. In large heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and milk
2. Cook over low heat until the butter melts
3. Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes longer
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in the vanilla
5. Gradually mix in the confectioners’ sugar
6. Let icing cool slightly, then frost cooled cake
So rich and especially good with a cup of coffee or glass of cold milk!
Blessings, Georgia Gran Jan
The Jetsetter! by Ree
2 hours ago