Photobucket

Bible Reading Plans for 2010

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good Morning and Happy New Year Friends!

If you going to read through the Bible in a year, this Bible Gateway Reading Plans site is a great place to do so!   I've always loved this website, and this is just an added bonus to the many other features there! Each of the reading plans takes you through the Bible in a year.

Old/New Testament (one year, starts January 1): each day features a reading from both the Old and the New Testaments, so you read through both Testaments together.

Chronological (one year, starts January 1): reads through the Bible in the order that its events occurred historically. For example, Job lived sometime after the beginning of creation (Genesis 1) but before Abraham was born (Genesis 12). As a result, the Book of Job is integrated into the Book of Genesis.

Beginning (one year, starts January 1): starts at the very beginning of the Bible and reads straight through to the end.

Historical (one year, starts January 1): reads through the books of the Bible in the order in which they were written historically, according to the estimated dates of their writing.

You can have them emailed to you if you want, or you can read on-line.  I actually purchased a Chronological One-Year Bible that I am using. 

Commit to read, pray, study and live the WORD of GOD! You know it is life-changing for it is alive!

Hebrews 4:12 (Amplified Bible)
For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

Blessings to you and your families and friends in 2010!

7 Responses:

Leah Adams said...

Jan,

I have not read the Bible through in many years. Maybe this year I will. Thanks for the post.

I'm so glad you are joining us over at The Point for Challenge 2010. Feel free to invite anyone else to participate.

Have a blessed day.

Leah

Holly said...

I love that we're reading the Bible together, Jan! I was tickled to see yesterday that Dori and I were reading the same plan. Wonder what God will use it for this coming year?

Praising God for your new grandbabies and praying for your daighters in love.

beckyjomama said...

I have tried this every year and always end up puttering out around March. SO, this year, hubbs amnd I found a 90 day plan. It is ALOT more reading each day, but we are holding eachother accuntable for the next 90 days ...

I am determined this time! Let's do it together!!!

twinkle said...

Bev Brandon's blog, A String of Pearls, is doing this. I'm reading through The Message Bible, beginning in Genesis and ending in Revelation. She is such an encouragement to me as she serves while fighting cancer.

Three Fold Cord said...

I was just talking to a friend about this last week. They did it last year. I am going to try and do the chronological reading. Now that I am teaching my children at home I believe it will give us such a better understanding as we study history.

oh...so excited about your grandbabies!! What a fun year you are going to have.

Charlotte

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I concur. We need to read scripture daily. It makes a difference all day long. I try to start every day with lectio divina. I don't always succeed in getting to it first thing in the morning while rushing to get to work, but when I take the time somehow God expands my time so I can get it done. It's hard to explain, but it happens.

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Georgia Jan:)

I just saw your post on the song/prayer for your child that you had on your fridge on Amanda's blog:) That is such good words! I'm sure that your daughter-in-law really appreciates all the prayers you prayed for her!:)

Blessings,

katiegfromtennessee

WELCOME GUESTS

THE JESUS STORYBOOK BIBLE

1,000 GIFTS

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP